Please read the information below which gives details of our Pupil Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
The Pupil Premium was introduced in April 2011 and is allocated to schools to work with pupils who have been registered for free school meals at any point in the last six years (known as Ever 6 FSM).
At Whale Hill School we use this additional funding to pay for a range of additional provision such as:
- 15 minutes daily mental maths
- Teaching assistant support in lessons for learning as appropriate
- Continuous Professional Development for staff e.g. phonics
- Curriculum information for parents e.g. phonics consultant
- Outreach Support
- Reading assistants provide one to one support
- Intervention programmes for core subjects e.g. Lexia, RM Maths, Wordshark.
- After school booster sessions for small groups of pupils in English and maths.
- Clubs for G&T pupils.
- Support from outside agencies e.g. EP service
- Curriculum enrichment e.g. Zenith leisure, dance, Thai Chi, theatre
- Subsidised Breakfast club
- Subsidised Stay and Play
- Subsidised educational visits and residentials
- Subsidised school fruit
- Time for U counselling service
- Specialist phonics teacher