Our school values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
At Whale Hill School our Core Values are:
1. Respect each other and be polite to everyone.
This includes pupils, teachers, support staff, lunchtime supervisors, parents and governors.
In and out of school we represent Whale Hill so use good manners at all times.
2. Listen to people
Everyone’s opinion is valued.
3. Be kind, helpful and honest to everyone
Treat people as you would like to be treated yourself. Don’t physically or emotionally hurt anyone.
We do not tolerate dishonesty: don’t cover up the truth.
4. Work hard and never give up
Try your best at all times.
5. Look after property
Don’t waste or damage things intentionally.
Take care of our school.
6. Happiness promotes achievement
Tackle daily challenges with a smile.
7. Enjoy and be interested in learning: everyone deserves the opportunity to fulfil their potential
Open your mind to new experiences as school has a lot to offer.
Don’t prevent others from learning.
8. Accept and support others.
Be friendly to visitors, newcomers and other children.